Friday, May 31, 2013

Jen's Double Cross 42cm

This just showed up in our inbox, and we had to share it. Looking good Jen!


"I had my heart set on a cross bike so I could have one bike to do everything from road to trails and some light touring. Little did I know that cross bikes don't really exist for really short women! I tried many small bikes including the surly cross check and the specialized tricross, but they both had stand over heights 1 cm more than my inseam. Many of the local shops told me I needed a custom frame. Then I found Soma, and the 42 cm Double Cross that I am fairly certain is the only cross bike that is small enough to fit me (besides of course a custom frame). Here is my new Double Cross, built up by Tree Fort Bikes in Ypsilanti, Michigan.  I've put 25c tires on to start and so far it rides great.

Thanks!"

-Jen

No comments: