Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pat's 2nd Soma

Well, a second SOMA bike is in my garage.  I bought both, a Saga and an ES, in about 2 months time.  I was so impressed with the Saga, I ordered an ES.  I just picked up the ES and rode it home from my local bike shop, M&M Cycling in Sierra Vista, AZ.  Mike Baltunis, one of the Ms in M&M Cycling, built it including the wheels.  It has a Shimano 105 drivetrain and STI shifters along with 105 hubs laced to Mavic Open Sport rims.  The tires are Schwalbe Marathon 700-25.   The short ride home, 10 miles, convinced me I made the right choice getting the ES frame and matching fork.  The nimble and predictable handling, smooth ride, and good looks make the ES something special.  I think I see a century ride coming, and at my age I better get on with it!

Thanks, Pat
Sierra Vista, AZ


No comments: